- EdgeCast is founded in August of 2006.
- The EdgeCast company launches from "stealth mode".
- Company announces series B financing in December.
- Launch of real-time analytics platform in July.
- In December, EdgeCast signs its 300th customer.
- Partnerships with Navisite and Deutsche Telekom are formed.
- EdgeCast signs its 1,000th customer and reaches profitability.
- Singapore and Paris facilities go live.
- EdgeCast announces series C financing.
- Apple device streaming is announced.
- Application Delivery Network announced.
- Company crosses 2,000 customer mark.
- We hire our 100th employee.
- We demonstrate live cloud transcoding and delivery for the first time.
- EdgeCast hits 4% of worldwide Internet traffic; we sign our 3000th customer.
- EdgeCast joins OpenDNS & Google in speeding up the world's DNS.
- We announce strategic partnerships with Media Temple and PeerApp.
- EdgeCast's customer base reaches 4,000.
- EdgeCast is the first to announce federated CDN.
- We enable IPv6 and become the first to bring Google PageSpeed technology to the edge.
- We hire our 200th employee.
- New facilities in Vienna, Austria, Stockholm, Sweden, and São Paulo go live.
- Deloitte ranks EdgeCast as the fastest-growing Internet company in North America.
- EdgeCast signs its 6,000th customer.
- We announce partnerships with telco leaders TELIN and TeliaSonera.
- EdgeCast launches Transact, the world's only dedicated eCommerce acceleration network.
- EdgeCast announces $54M in series D financing.
Delivering any data, anywhere, anytime, EdgeCast is the world's fastest and most reliable content delivery network.
The company was founded in 2006 by technology entrepreneurs with years of experience building companies in the infrastructure, web services, and application delivery spaces.
We built our global delivery network to provide the fastest, smartest content delivery on the planet. And, according to the independent experts, we did exactly that - we consistently rank among the very best-performing CDNs in the industry.
Having built customer-centric technology service companies in the past, outstanding service is in our blood. We hope it shows through in everything we do.
We are headquartered in lovely Santa Monica, California, and we'll soon welcome our 300th employee. Join us!